Baked Rosemary-Rhubarb Spread
Looking for a snack that's easy to put together? This zippy spread is seasoned with rosemary, garlic and crushed red pepper, and then sprinkled with toasted pine nuts. "The rhubarb adds a tangy note," says Joan Ranzini from Waynesboro, Virginia.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Assorted crackers
- Place rhubarb in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, egg, flour, rosemary, garlic and pepper flakes; cover and process until blended. Add rhubarb; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Serve with crackers.