- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- Combine all ingredients in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring after 25 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBaked Rice Pilaf
"Very, very good taste, I loved it! Maybe 1 1/2 cup of water the next time instead of 1 3/4 :)"
"Appealing to the eye with a great taste. I used brown rice and it cooked just a tad longer. Made a double batch so I could have leftovers. It would be a great "base" for fried rice!!! I will definitely make this again. Thanks!"
"Great side dish!"
"Great combination for baked salmon and easy 2 prepare."
"Delicious! We love baked rice and I like the addition of carrot and celery in this one. So simple to make, and really good - this is going in our regular rotation."
"The whole family loved it - even my 3 year old who generally refused to eat things with carrots in them. I took the advice of a previous reviewer and added boiling water to reduce the cooking time. It took about 30 minutes."