- 2 medium potatoes, baked and cooled
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon crumbled cooked bacon or bacon bits
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes; place half in a blender. Add broth; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan. Stir in sour cream, pepper and remaining potatoes. Cook over low heat until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with cheese, bacon and onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBaked Potato Soup
"This was ok. Fairly bland."
"We didn't like this recipe for Baked Potato soup. I am going back to using the recipe I have done in the past."
"Awesome recipe. Simply perfect!!!"
"This recipe my whole family loved, which is a miracle in and of itself! I was shocked that it could taste this good without any butter!! I did triple the recipe for family sized portion and I added about 1/2 cup shredded cheese to the soup itself while cooking so it melted in. I think the onions on the top really make it perfect, so don't skip that part! I also used light sour cream and it still tasted amazing."
"This soup is perfect! I've been searching for a decent potato soup recipe on this site forever and this is it! I was looking to use up some leftover ham, so I threw that in instead of bacon. Delicious! And it makes exactly 2 servings so I wasn't stuck with a bunch of leftovers (although I would have gladly eaten them!)."
"This was easy to make and tasted great. Can't wait to make it again"