- 8 baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp or fully cooked ham, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 in. of pulp still attached to skin. (The potato pulp you remove can be refrigerated for use later.) Cut skins into strips or halves; brush skin sides with melted butter and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle pulp sides with salt and paprika; cover with the green onions, bacon, ham or shrimp, and chopped peppers. Top with the cheese. Bake at 450° until cheese is melted and skins are crisp, about 10-15 minutes. Garnish each skin with a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-10 servings.
Reviews forBaked Potato Skins
"These were good, but next time I think I'll leave a little more potato in the skins."
"I made these recently for a party we were having. They were a big hit! I did not have green pepper so I left that out and these were still great. I will definitely be making these again."
"I have made these on a couple of different occasions - now whenever we are invited over for a cook-out - I am asked to make them!"
"Wonderful!! my 2 favorite foods together"
"I make these for my family holiday parties and there are never any leftovers..."
"I think my family will really like this recipe. The grandkids will help me make it for their dad on Father's Day."
"Sure wish I could get this receipe on a group menu for 100 people."