Baked Potato Casserole Recipe
- 5 pounds red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups (1 pound) cubed cheddar cheese
- 4 cups (1 pound) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise*
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine potatoes and bacon. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture ad toss gently to coat. Transfer to a greased 4-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Yield: 20-24 servings.
1 cup: 347 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Baked Potato Casserole
"Dumb question, but I'm assuming you boil the potatoes and then cube, which is what I normally would do. Title "Baked Potato casserole Recipe" is confusing since you don't usually bake red potatoes like you do russets. I guess it's because you do bake the casserole after putting together. I am going to use the recipe to go with ham for Thanksgiving and can tell by ingredients in recipe it will be 5 stars."
"This recipe is excellent -- I used scallions instead of chives and I also cut the recipe in half since it makes a lot -- it was delicious and a nice change from the usual potato dishes.It will be a new "go to" recipe for me!"
"My boyfriend went back for a third helping! SIMPLY ELEGANT!!!!!!!!!"
"I have a recipe similar to this using Velveta cheese instead of the other cheeses. My family loves both of these but prefers the Velveta version instead."
"Always enjoyed by all who eat it!"
"We love this. I get rave reviews every time. I am asked for the recipe each time I serve it to guest. This is one of my go to's."
"You mix the cheese in with the remaining ingredients per the directions:[quote] In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture and gently toss to coat. [/quote]"
"Can someone tell me what you are supposed to do with ALL that cheese? It doesn't really say in the directions. Also, do you just boil the potatoes to start with? Sounds yummy but alot of things are left up in the air."
"This was so good!! I substituted sour cream and cream cheese for the mayo. It was excellent."