Baked Pork Chops with Stuffing Recipe
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups day-old French bread cubes (1/2 inch)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1. In a skillet, brown the pork chops in oil. Place chops in an ungreased shallow baking pan. Toss bread cubes, butter, broth, celery, onion and poultry seasoning. Mound about 1/2 cup stuffing on each pork chop.
- 2. Combine soup and water; pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 160° to 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 447 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 884mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Baked Pork Chops with Stuffing
"I really liked this. It's like Thanksgiving anytime you want. The rest of the family likes it too. It's going in the recipe box. Thanks!"
"The chops were moist and tender. I modified the recipe by using Stove Top pork stuffing instead of the bread cubes. I also omitted the celery and onion. I moistened the stuffing with a can of chicken broth (10-3/4 oz) and a tablespoon of melted butter. I used cream of celery soup instead of cream of mushroom, and added a half a can of water to the soup. Very easy and delicious."
"This recipe has become one of my daughter's favorites. She beams every time she sees me making it. Great down-home taste and you don't have to fuss with cutting pockets in the chops. Using Golden Mushroom soup gives the gravy an even better color. I usually cook for 6, so I double the stuffing ingredients, but not the soup and water. Buy extra bags of fresh cubes which are in the supermarkets from Nov thru Dec and freeze them so you can make this easily and often."