Baked Pork Chops with Hot and Spicy Seasoning Recipe
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 to 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over both sides of pork chops. Cover and refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- Place a baking sheet in a 375° oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, beat egg and milk. In another shallow dish, combine cornflake crumbs, cheese and bread crumbs. Dip pork into the egg mixture, then into the crumb mixture.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and coat with cooking spray. Place chops on the sheet; bake for 15 minutes. Turn and bake for 10 additional minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Pork Chops with Hot and Spicy Seasoning
"I used two extra-thick, Porterhouse chops for this recipe. I dry brined them for about 6 hours. I did not use the egg dip; rather, I just dredged the chops in the crumb mixture. It stuck just fine. I baked them on a rack at 350? for 40 minutes and let them rest, tented with foil for 10 minutes. The seasonings on the chops really make this dish; the spiciness really came through. We greatly enjoyed the taste and texture of these chops. I have added the recipe to my keeper list noting my few changes."
"Very good! A little spicy, next time I might tone it down a bit. Spice takes away from the flavor of the crush, which was really good. Will def make again."