Baked Pork Chops with Apple Slices Recipe
A friend who raises pork shared this pork chop recipe with me. The lightly breaded chops with simple glazed apples on the side make a mouthwatering meal. —Mrs. Burlin Jones, Beloit, Wisconsin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 3 to 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat pork chops. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Add water to pan. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt the jelly. Add apples. Cook over low heat 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender, turning occasionally. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 250 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 603mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Baked Pork Chops with Apple Slices
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC