Baked Pork Chops with Apple Slices
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 3 to 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat pork chops. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Add water to pan. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 145°, about 1 hour. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt the jelly. Add apples. Cook over low heat until apples are tender, 5-7 minutes , turning occasionally. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 250 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 603mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 30, 2016
We loved this simple to prepare dish. Served with steamed broccoli and carrots, fresh bread and a salad. Will be making again.
Dec 29, 2009
A++ = So easy to prepare and so darn tasty! I would definately make this again.