Baked Pork Chops with Apple Slices
A friend who raises pork shared this pork chop recipe with me. The lightly breaded chops with simple glazed apples on the side make a mouthwatering meal. —Mrs. Burlin Jones, Beloit, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 3 to 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat pork chops. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Add water to pan. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 145°, about 1 hour. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt the jelly. Add apples. Cook over low heat until apples are tender, 5-7 minutes , turning occasionally. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 250 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 603mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Baked Pork Chops With Apple Slices in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Nov 30, 2016
We loved this simple to prepare dish. Served with steamed broccoli and carrots, fresh bread and a salad. Will be making again.
Dec 29, 2009
A++ = So easy to prepare and so darn tasty! I would definately make this again.