A friend who raises pork shared this pork chop recipe with me. The lightly breaded chops with simple glazed apples on the side make a mouthwatering meal. —Mrs. Burlin Jones, Beloit, Wisconsin
Featured In: 27 Apple Recipes to Make this Fall
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 3 to 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat pork chops. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Add water to pan. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt the jelly. Add apples. Cook over low heat 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender, turning occasionally. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Pork Chops with Apple Slices in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p124
Reviews forBaked Pork Chops with Apple Slices
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review