Baked Peach Pancake Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Ground nutmeg
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine peaches, sugar and lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add the flour, milk and salt; beat until smooth.
- 2. Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet in a 400° oven for 3-5 minutes or until melted. Immediately pour batter into hot skillet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pancake has risen and puffed all over.
- 3. Fill with peach slices and sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve immediately with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece (calculated without sour cream): 149 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Baked Peach Pancake
"Sooooo Good! Did not have sour cream so topped with vanilla yogurt."
"YOUR MOTHER RAISED AND TRAINED A GREAT COOK.Next time I am going to use fresh apple slices from our apple tree and brown sugar.Mmmmmmmmmmm."
"Super yummy! I think I would use a bit of vanilla and nutmeg in the batter next time, but it was delicious!"
"This was wonderful. I used fresh peaches, but I also warmed them up."
"I prepared this recipe today and easily gives it five stars. I did use Splenda and skim milk but you would never have known it. The nutmeg gives it a nice pop of flavor. No syrup needed. Will we have this again? Definitely YES! Husband and I ate the whole thing. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"What an awesome recipe! Instead of serving it with sour cream, I drizzled the peaches with whipping cream...YUM! It was so good that my husband and I ate the whole thing for brunch!"
"So easy to make but people will think you spent hours in the kitchen. Delicious!"
"Delicious and beautiful. I added a teaspoon of almond extract to the peach mixture."
"Simple and luxurious fare! I would add a little cinnamon to the peaches and a touch of whipped cream!"
"Great! The whole family loved this."
"VERY GOOD. I PUT WHIP CREAM ON IT INSTEAD OF SOUR CREAM."
"I forgot to add stars and this is for sure a5 star recipe."
"This is very, very good. I have made it several times and have used other fruits."