- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Combine lemon-pepper and salt; sprinkle over both sides of fillets. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine the mushrooms, onions, tomato and green pepper; spoon over fillets. Combine butter and orange juice; pour over fish and vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBaked Orange Roughy with Veggies
"This is probably one of our favorite fish dishes and most requested. We love orange roughy, but cod also goes very well with this recipe. The lemon pepper seasoning is the star of the show and our personal preference is lemon juice instead of orange juice. Very tasty."