- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 pounds orange roughy fillets
- Lemon wedges
- For tartar sauce, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, pickle relish and mustard in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornflake crumbs, Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Place the milk in a shallow bowl. Dip fillets in milk, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- Arrange in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with tartar sauce and lemon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Orange Roughy
"easy to make. The flavors don't compete, they compliment the fish. My whole family loved it, even the picky eater had seconds (unheard of!). I didn't even make the tarter sauce. I figured the recipe had enough flavor without it. I was right. I used Rice Krispees instead of cornflakes due to make it gluten-free."
"This is delicious! It is my favorite fish recipe. I don't usually like a lot of fish, and I could eat this several times a week! I usually use tilapia. The cornflakes help the breading be nice and crunchy. Great served with some asparagus or baked butternut squash. Yum!"
"This is the only way I make fish now. What I like is that it works great with so many fish! I've used it with tilapia, cod, halibut and...of course, orange roughy. I don't fix the tartar sauce as with only 1 using it(I don't like tartar sauces)more economical to simply buy. Great recipe, though."