Baked Orange-Glazed Ham
A glaze of brown sugar, orange peel, whiskey and spices make this holiday ham memorable. If you like, replace the liquor with apple cider. —Laura McDowell, Lake Villa, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whiskey or apple cider
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, whiskey, orange zest, allspice and cloves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Brush some of the sauce over ham. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, brushing twice with sauce.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 199 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1571mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Jack Daniel's Glazed Ham in Country Woman Christmas 2011