Baked Onion Brie Spread
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- Fresh vegetables
- In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic in butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Place Brie and cream cheese in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, until softened. Whisk in the sour cream, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and onion mixture.
- Cut top off loaf of bread; set aside. Hollow out loaf, leaving a 3/4-in. shell. Cut removed bread into cubes. Fill shell with cheese mixture; replace top. Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square).
- Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until spread is bubbly. Discard top of bread. Sprinkle paprika over spread. Serve with bread cubes and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 316 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 17, 2015
I made this for a football party and even the bread bowl was devoured! Making it again today.
Oct 25, 2009
This has a velvety texture and a wonderful savory flavor. It takes a while to bake, but that is great in terms of being able to put it into the oven then going to get ready before your guests arrive. It was a big hit!