Baked Onion Brie Spread
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- Fresh vegetables
- In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic in butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Place Brie and cream cheese in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, until softened. Whisk in the sour cream, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and onion mixture.
- Cut top off loaf of bread; set aside. Hollow out loaf, leaving a 3/4-in. shell. Cut removed bread into cubes. Fill shell with cheese mixture; replace top. Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square).
- Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until spread is bubbly. Discard top of bread. Sprinkle paprika over spread. Serve with bread cubes and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 316 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 17, 2015
I made this for a football party and even the bread bowl was devoured! Making it again today.
Oct 25, 2009
This has a velvety texture and a wonderful savory flavor. It takes a while to bake, but that is great in terms of being able to put it into the oven then going to get ready before your guests arrive. It was a big hit!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.