Baked Oatmeal with Cinnamon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Yogurt and fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, egg substitute and oil; add to the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve with yogurt and fruit if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 316 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 19, 2013
I really liked this, but I gave it 4 stars because it needs some sort of a topper like the fruit or yogurt suggested. I had bananas and honey, my husband had almond butter, and my kids had raisin and apples. Really good and will make it again soon.
Jan 15, 2011
Excellent recipe, I sub unsw. applesauce for the oil and add a small diced apple to the mix along with a Tb. of flaxseed meal to up the fiber, it's wonderful every time, my whole family loves it even my youngest who does not like oatmeal.