- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Yogurt and fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, egg substitute and oil; add to the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve with yogurt and fruit if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBaked Oatmeal with Cinnamon
"I really liked this, but I gave it 4 stars because it needs some sort of a topper like the fruit or yogurt suggested. I had bananas and honey, my husband had almond butter, and my kids had raisin and apples. Really good and will make it again soon."
"Excellent recipe, I sub unsw. applesauce for the oil and add a small diced apple to the mix along with a Tb. of flaxseed meal to up the fiber, it's wonderful every time, my whole family loves it even my youngest who does not like oatmeal."