Baked Oatmeal Gift Jars
I love baked oatmeal on cold mornings, so I came up with a way to share it as a gift. This fresh-from-the-oven breakfast is guaranteed to warm everyone up from head to toe.—Jennifer Bistline, Confluence, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a wide-mouth 1-qt. glass jar, layer the oat mixture, brown sugar, sugar and, if desired, walnuts and raisins in the order listed. Cover and store in a cool, dry place up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups mix).
- To prepare baked oatmeal: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually add oatmeal mix, mixing well. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Serve warm.
Originally published as Baked Oatmeal Gift Jars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.