I love baked oatmeal on cold mornings, so I came up with a way to share it as a gift. This fresh-from-the-oven breakfast is guaranteed to warm everyone up from head to toe.—Jennifer Bistline, Confluence, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 14 Cookie Mix Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a wide-mouth 1-qt. glass jar, layer the oat mixture, brown sugar, sugar and, if desired, walnuts and raisins in the order listed. Cover and store in a cool dry place up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups mix).
- To prepare baked oatmeal: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually add oatmeal mix, mixing well. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Oatmeal Gift Jars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014