Baked Mushroom Rice
With fresh mushrooms and a nice blend of seasonings, this rice recipe complements any meat you serve as a main course. Best of all, it cooks in one pot for a no-hassle dish.—Alcy Thorne, Los Molinos, California
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a 1-1/2-qt. casserole coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 96 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable.
Originally published as Baked Mushroom Rice in Taste of Home December/January 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.