Baked Mushroom Rice
With fresh mushrooms and a nice blend of seasonings, this rice recipe complements any meat you serve as a main course. Best of all, it cooks in one pot for a no-hassle dish.—Alcy Thorne, Los Molinos, California
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a 1-1/2-qt. casserole coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until rice is tender.