Baked Mushroom Rice Pilaf
"My husband, Steve, and I were experimenting one night, tossing together things we both like," writes Marianne Bauman from Modesto, California, "and we created this recipe. It’s a wonderful side because it turns out moist and flavorful every time—with no worry about burning, and goes with a wide variety of entrees!”
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Place the first four ingredients in a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 225 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Baked Mushroom Rice Pilaf in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.