- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBaked Mushroom Chicken
"I've made this many times.. it's the best.easy and delicious."
"Delicious !!! - just follow the recipe"
"Great recipe! Have made this a few times. Added garlic per reviews and a whole package of mushrooms as they make a great side dish."
"'Could not make it as your Kraft Add covered the directions"
"Loved it. I will definitely try some of the suggestions in the below comments for doubling the sauce and adding a little garlic or lemon juice."
"This one's a keeper! I doubled everything, well ok, I probably tripled the cheese, didn't flatten the chicken, just baked it an extra 6 minutes. Lots of flavour, tender and juicy."
"easy peasy and delicious! Used boneless skinless thighs."
"This is very good. The fresh mushrooms really ad to the flavor.My family loves chicken and this is great because it is baked."
"Really enjoyed this dish! I didn't pound the breasts, just cooked them as is, but the sauce definitely needs to be increased, there was not enough. Next time I'll at least double it. But the flavor of this dish was so good, yum!"