- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBaked Mushroom Chicken
"Super Delicious, the whole family loves this. I tripled the recipe and still no leftovers. Definitely a keeper"
"everyone really liked this one it is a keeper."
"Loved it! I included the green onions when reducing the broth."
"I've made this many times.. it's the best.easy and delicious."
"Delicious !!! - just follow the recipe"
"Great recipe! Have made this a few times. Added garlic per reviews and a whole package of mushrooms as they make a great side dish."
"'Could not make it as your Kraft Add covered the directions"
"Loved it. I will definitely try some of the suggestions in the below comments for doubling the sauce and adding a little garlic or lemon juice."
"This one's a keeper! I doubled everything, well ok, I probably tripled the cheese, didn't flatten the chicken, just baked it an extra 6 minutes. Lots of flavour, tender and juicy."
"easy peasy and delicious! Used boneless skinless thighs."