- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBaked Mushroom Chicken
"Makes a beautiful presentation over noodles."
"I have been making this recipe for many years making no changes, just adding more mushrooms. Always excellent!!"
"We really loved this recipe. easy and delicious."
"Super Delicious, the whole family loves this. I tripled the recipe and still no leftovers. Definitely a keeper"
"everyone really liked this one it is a keeper."
"Loved it! I included the green onions when reducing the broth."
"I've made this many times.. it's the best.easy and delicious."
"Delicious !!! - just follow the recipe"
"Great recipe! Have made this a few times. Added garlic per reviews and a whole package of mushrooms as they make a great side dish."