- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBaked Mushroom Chicken
"Omit the salt and use low or no sodium broth. Plenty of salt in the cheese. Your ankles will thank you."
"Original recipe was with Sherry not broth. Amazing!! Everyone loved made lots! Did add extra mushrooms"
"Last night was the first time making this dinner' It was fast due to the light browning on both sides of the chicken which comes out juicy after it's baked. It's easy since I prepared this before hand letting it sit in the broth until my family all arrived. Then 20 mins later at 350 degrees I removed it to add the 2 toppings along with spinach for iron then cooked it 5 more minutes and it was absolutely delicious! Even the kids loved this!Thank you Barbara for sharing ur great tasting recipe!"
"Makes a beautiful presentation over noodles."
"I have been making this recipe for many years making no changes, just adding more mushrooms. Always excellent!!"
"We really loved this recipe. easy and delicious."
"Super Delicious, the whole family loves this. I tripled the recipe and still no leftovers. Definitely a keeper"
"everyone really liked this one it is a keeper."
"Loved it! I included the green onions when reducing the broth."