My husband and I both work full-time, so we have little time to cook. This dish is quick and delicious. We freeze leftovers as individual servings for lunch.—Jean Isken, Sussex, Wisconsin
Recommended: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 7 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes and taco seasoning; cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Layer four tortillas, overlapping slightly, on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with meat mixture and remaining tortillas. combine the eggs, cottage cheese and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese; pour over tortillas.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p291
Reviews forBaked Mexican Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review