Baked Mexican Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 7 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes and taco seasoning; cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Layer four tortillas, overlapping slightly, on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with meat mixture and remaining tortillas. combine the eggs, cottage cheese and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese; pour over tortillas.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 466 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 1146mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein.
Dec 21, 2013
Really good! I doubled the recipe,and added a bit of jalapeno. Garnished with sliced avocado, yummy
Jul 31, 2011
Quick and easy to prepare ..it was a hit with my family!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.