"My husband and I are retired and enjoy vegetable gardening and fishing," writes Madge Watkins of Ontario, Oregon. "This meat-and-potatoes casserole that I created makes a satisfying supper."
Recommended: Our Best Summer Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 medium unpeeled potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Place potatoes in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef and onion. Place peas in the center; arrange mushrooms around the peas. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and sesame seeds; drizzle with butter.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meal-in-One Casserole in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p19
Reviews forBaked Meal-in-One Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review