- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in oil and vinegar. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Shape into a 6-in. circle. Roll out between two pieces of plastic wrap to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Remove top piece of plastic wrap; invert pastry into a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Remove remaining plastic wrap. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until chilled.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg substitute, syrup, cinnamon, ginger, maple flavoring and nutmeg; mix just until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBaked Maple Pumpkin Pie
"First made this recipe 4 years ago and has now been the only pumpkin pie recipe I make. Everyone goes back for seconds."