Baked Macaroni ‘n’ Cheese
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes18 (3/4-cup) servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the cheese, green pepper, onion and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over macaroni mixture and mix well.
- Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 359 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2014
this was great!
Oct 9, 2012
I love the flavor of this dish, but it had too much cheese. I will make this again, but cut down on the Velveeta.
Nov 21, 2009
I made this recipe last year for a large group. It makes a lot of food and this was excellent to use. The taste is great and everyone was telling me they want me to make this again.