Baked Macaroni ‘n’ Cheese
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes18 (3/4-cup) servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the cheese, green pepper, onion and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over macaroni mixture and mix well.
- Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 359 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Mar 10, 2014
this was great!
Oct 9, 2012
I love the flavor of this dish, but it had too much cheese. I will make this again, but cut down on the Velveeta.
Nov 21, 2009
I made this recipe last year for a large group. It makes a lot of food and this was excellent to use. The taste is great and everyone was telling me they want me to make this again.