Baked Mac & Cheese for Two
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20
- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; stir in the salt, pepper, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain pasta; stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 2-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 351 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 20, 2016
Perfection! I have tried several mac and cheese recipes and found they made too much and were bland. This one was perfect. I did not have velveeta so I added more sharp cheddar. I also topped it with shaved parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. I divided it into two small glass bowls and baked for 15 minutes in my toaster oven. The sauce was velvety and just the right ratio of sauce to pasta and the crust was crunchy. Will make again and again.
Aug 29, 2013
This is perfect for me and my husband. Neither of use much care for mac and cheese left over, but it is one of our favorites fresh. Thanks for the great recipe!www.PrintableCouponsandDeals.com has tons of great coupons that could be used on ingredients for this recipe.
Aug 6, 2013
We really liked this Mac & Cheese! We added cubed ham because we had some on hand, it was yummy!
Jan 7, 2013
Would make again but this first time I added 1/4 c. of onion and a little garlic to enhance flavor and am using about a cup am serving with Turkey loaf
Sep 4, 2012
I made this recipe, used a little more cheese then called for. It's the best Mac & Cheese I've had in a very long time. Great Flavor
Nov 5, 2011
Very quick and easy to prepare. Added more pasta though. Will experiment with various other cheeses.
Apr 8, 2011
This is great tasting and easy. I used one cup of uncooked elbows because I thought the 1/2 cup seemed like it would be too little pasta for all the cheese. This is a perfect dish for two. Thank you for sharing this recipe.PatBethel Park, PA
Mar 27, 2010
This is a great tasting sauce but it makes lots. I would add a little bit more noodles next time. Cauliflower and peas were a great addition!