- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- Juice of 2 lemons, strained
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs, separated
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in milk, lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Beat egg yolks; add to the lemon mixture. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the lemon mixture. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish; set in a large pan with 1/2 in of water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBaked Lemon Pudding
"I know this recipe well. My mother used to make it in the "50s, but she called it "Honolulu Pudding". She found it in the newspaper or magazine."