Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 8 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup cornflake crumbs
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and cumin until smooth. Beat in Monterey Jack cheese and cilantro. Spoon into jalapeno halves.
- Place egg and cornflake crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip filling side of jalapenos in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- Place on a greased baking sheet with crumb side up. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 58 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 21, 2016
We really enjoyed these! I didn't use the egg. We didn't have the cornflakes so I used Panko crumbs instead and just pressed them on top of each pepper. They were crunchy and very good!
Oct 27, 2012
LIKE EVERYTHING THAT IS HOT.
Jun 6, 2012
Kudos to minliz64 for the crushed tortilla chip idea - it was awesome! (Note: we didn' bother with the egg either.) Consider baking these on foiled lined baking sheet to make clean-up easier (and lots quicker if you have guests.)
May 7, 2010
I doubled the recipe. I used crushed tortilla chips instead of corn flakes. You don't need the egg, the crumbs will stick to the filling.VERY GOOD!