- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 8 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup cornflake crumbs
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and cumin until smooth. Beat in Monterey Jack cheese and cilantro. Spoon into jalapeno halves.
- Place egg and cornflake crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip filling side of jalapenos in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- Place on a greased baking sheet with crumb side up. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Reviews forBaked Jalapenos
"We really enjoyed these! I didn't use the egg. We didn't have the cornflakes so I used Panko crumbs instead and just pressed them on top of each pepper. They were crunchy and very good!"
"LIKE EVERYTHING THAT IS HOT."
"I doubled the recipe. I used crushed tortilla chips instead of corn flakes. You don't need the egg, the crumbs will stick to the filling.VERY GOOD!"