Baked Island Chicken Wings
These baked chicken wings are a tasty twist on regular wings. The orange flavor is a game-changer and will have you coming back for seconds! —Caren Berry, Lancaster, California
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 18 chicken wings (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 3 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cut wings into 3 sections; discard wing tip sections. Place orange juice concentrate in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the coconut, bread crumbs, orange zest, ginger, curry powder, salt and pepper. Dip chicken wings in orange juice concentrate then coat with coconut mixture.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake until juices run clear, 40-50 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the marmalade, hot water and pepper flakes. Serve with wings.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 128 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.