- 2 medium carrots, cut into 3-inch julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Dash paprika
- Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid. Place carrots in a 2-cup baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, salt, pepper and reserved liquid. Pour over carrots. Toss the cracker crumbs, butter and paprika; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBaked Horseradish Carrots
"this is very easy and very tasty"
"I love, love, love these carrots! And I don't even like cooked carrots! I left off the cracker crumbs all together and just mixed the carrots in the sauce before baking."
"I loved them! My husband did as well. We tried these several weeks ago & are having them again tonite! If you don't want to use the butter flavored crackers you can use whole wheat or white breadcrumbs and it still tastes great!"
"These are GREAT carrots! Even my DH, who is not fond of carrots, liked them. I'm immediately putting this recipe on my covered dish list. Thanks!jwalton"
"I am not crazy about horseradish but LOVE it with carrots. I found this recipe is easy to double!!dsmith"
"Awesomely incredible recipe!! Could not believe how good this tasted!!"