- 1/2 pound cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash celery seed
- 1 slice white bread, cubed and toasted
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Add the egg, onion, milk, butter, salt, pepper and celery seed; beat on low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in bread cubes.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
3/4 cup: 200 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.