Baked Herb Puffs
Ground mustard, parsley and green onions make these savory puffs a nice addition to any meal. I often freeze them, then reheat for a few minutes in the oven. —Dorothy Smith, El Dorado, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, mustard, salt and pepper to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Add parsley and green onions; mix well.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut a slit in each to allow steam to escape; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 88 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.