Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 croissants, split
- 2 pounds shaved deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced baby Swiss cheese
- Place onions and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in the mustard, poppy seeds and lemon juice. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Spread onion mixture over cut sides of croissants. On bottom halves, layer ham and cheese; replace tops.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
1 each: 595 calories, 37g fat (21g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 2262mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.