Baked Ham Hoagies Recipe
For any holiday or gathering, I prefer quick-and-easy dishes since I work full-time. This main dish is fun since everyone can fix their own sandwich the way they like it. Adding cola to the ham while it bakes makes for moist, tasty slices. -Sundra Hauck, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 15 to 20 hoagie buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, sliced Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and tomatoes
- 1. Place ham in a roasting pan. Score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Add water to the pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours.
- 2. Pour cola over ham; sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°.
- 3. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve on buns with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. Yield: 15-20 servings.
1 each: 266 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1202mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Baked Ham Hoagies
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2011
"delicious mmy kids absolutely loved it"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC