VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 15 to 20 hoagie buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, sliced Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and tomatoes
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Add water to the pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours.
- Pour cola over ham; sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve on buns with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Baked Ham Hoagies in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p39
Reviews forBaked Ham Hoagies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2011
"delicious mmy kids absolutely loved it"