For any holiday or gathering, I prefer quick-and-easy dishes since I work full-time. This main dish is fun since everyone can fix their own sandwich the way they like it. Adding cola to the ham while it bakes makes for moist, tasty slices. -Sundra Hauck, Bogalusa, Louisiana
Recommended: 21 Breakfast Sandwiches Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (12 ounces) regular cola
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 15 to 20 hoagie buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and sliced Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and tomatoes
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Add water to the pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours.
- Pour cola over ham; sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve on buns with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Baked Ham Hoagies in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p39
Reviews forBaked Ham Hoagies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2011
"delicious mmy kids absolutely loved it"