Baked Ham 'N' Cheddar Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices day-old Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 8 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place four slices butter side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with American cheese, ham and Parmesan. Top with remaining bread, butter side up.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour over bread; turn each sandwich. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 490 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 232mg cholesterol, 1788mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Baked Ham 'N' Cheddar Sandwiches
"Made for New Year's breakfast, my husband loved it! I use American/Swiss cheese and sprinkled some shredded Swiss cheese on top and served with hash browns. Filling and delicious!"
"The test kitchen has reviewed this recipe again and made a modification so the sandwiches wouldn't be soggy. The recipe now has 3 eggs and only 3/4 cup milk.We apologize for the earlier oversight.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"made a double batch to feed the whole family. first batch terribly soggy on the bottom. second batch flipped 1/2 way through on broil. much better, but not worth making again."