Baked Halibut with Onions
We once lived near Homer, Alaska, the Halibut Capital of the World. We fondly recall Alaska's Kenai Peninsula every time we enjoy this dish. —Rebecca McLaughlin, Piano Beach, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 6 halibut steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- Place the butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with onions. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8 minutes or until tender. Spread mayonnaise over both sides of halibut; coat with cornflake crumbs. Place over onions.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 715 calories, 68g fat (24g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 687mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Halibut Olympia in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.