Our Test Kitchen shares this recipe for tender haddock fillets mildly seasoned with lemon and dill. They're accompanied by thick and creamy homemade tartar sauce. Use up the extra fish in the two dishes that follow.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes6-8 servings (3 fillets) plus 6 cups cooked fish
- 6 haddock fillets (5 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 medium lemons, sliced
- TARTAR SAUCE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Place fillets in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with dill. Arrange lemon slices over fillets. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. In a small bowl, combine the tartar sauce ingredients. Serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 334 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Baked Haddock in Quick Cooking March/April 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.