Our Test Kitchen shares this recipe for tender haddock fillets mildly seasoned with lemon and dill. They're accompanied by thick and creamy homemade tartar sauce. Use up the extra fish in the two dishes that follow.
Recommended: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 haddock fillets (5 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 medium lemons, sliced
- TARTAR SAUCE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Place fillets in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with dill. Arrange lemon slices over fillets. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. In a small bowl, combine the tartar sauce ingredients. Serve with fish. Yield: 6-8 servings (3 fillets) plus 6 cups cooked fish.
Originally published as Baked Haddock in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p42
Reviews forBaked Haddock
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2011
"We make this every Christmas Eve (3+ years now) as one of our "fishes" even the Tartar sauce is great!"