Baked Garlic Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons celery salt
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large shallow glass dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Place cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl; roll chicken in crumbs until coated. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine butter and oil; pour over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 529 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 1157mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 28, 2012
The moistest chicken I have ever eaten!
Nov 28, 2011
very good cold also
Oct 2, 2009
This was very good. Next time I will cut the celery salt way down, I thought there was too much.
Aug 4, 2009
This is very tasty! I made half the recipe using three 6-oz. pieces, Ritz crackers, and olive oil. I baked the chix for 45 min.; next time I'll try it at 35 min. -Lori in WI.
Jul 2, 2009
This recipe was a hit with all my children from toddler to college student. The chicken is very moist and tasty. Not a bite was left at meal's end.
Feb 20, 2009
This recipe is absolutely delicious! I teach a basic cooking class and used this recipe and there was nothing left. Also, I made this recipe for friends and they took the little bit of leftovers home with them. Great recipe!