Baked Fruit Compote Recipe
Put canned fruit in a fancy, festive mood with a splash of Madeira wine. This dish brightens any winter brunch. Mix and match canned fruits to suit your family’s tastes. —Myrt Pfannkuche, Pell City, Alabama
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) grapefruit sections, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup pitted dried plums
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Madeira wine, optional
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a 13x9-in. baking dish, combine first six ingredients.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in wine if desired. Pour over fruit and toss to coat.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 11 servings.
3/4 cup: 257 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Baked Fruit Compote
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC