Baked Fruit Compote
Add a fancy touch to canned fruit with a splash of Madeira wine. This dish brightens any cold-weather gathering. Mix and match canned fruits to suit your family’s tastes. —Myrt Pfannkuche, Pell City, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) grapefruit sections, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup pitted dried plums
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Madeira wine, optional
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 13x9-in. baking dish, combine first six ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in wine if desired. Pour over fruit and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with mint if desired.