Baked Fontina Orzo
The pasta orzo makes a nice alternative to rice. If you like, use 1/2 cup blanched, diced asparagus for the roasted peppers.—Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1-1/2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease six 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups with butter; set aside.
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine orzo, cheese, peppers and olives. Spoon into prepared ramekins.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and nutmeg; pour over orzo mixture. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 391 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.