VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1-1/2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease six 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups with butter; set aside.
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine orzo, cheese, peppers and olives. Spoon into prepared ramekins.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and nutmeg; pour over orzo mixture. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Fontina Orzo in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p56